As a grassroots non-profit organization, our funding primarily comes through the generosity of individuals, corporations & foundations who believe in our mission and our programs & services. They make an investment in hope for people living with Parkinson’s disease.
We handle our funds responsibly and believe in accountability to the public for our expenditures. We hold administrative and fundraising expenses to a minimum in order to use the funds entrusted to us to support our mission.
Want to add your support? Please consider making a donation.
Making a Difference with Your Donations!
The Center has raised and distributed over $4 million to the Kentuckiana Parkinson community.
Over the years, the Parkinson Support Center has used funds to:
- Offer a variety of educational programs to those with Parkinson’s Disease, their families, and caregivers.
- Host and sponsor Parkinson’s Disease related support groups throughout the region.
- Offer many exercise programs to enable people with Parkinson’s Disease to live healthier and improve their quality of life.
- Present the annual Francis E. Lang Living Well Symposium.
- Increase awareness of Parkinson’s Disease in our region.
- Support clinical research in our community.
Your donations allow us to provide programs and services that the Parkinson’s community depends on. Here are examples of how your donation will be used:
- $1,250 underwrite one of our quarterly med manage programs, enabling 10 individuals and their care partner to participate.
- $500 will pay for six weeks of an exercise program.
- $250 will fund a lunch and learn meeting.
- $100 will enable someone newly diagnosed with PD and their care partner to attend our PD101 class.
- $50 helps to promote support groups.
The generosity of our Partnerships & Sponsors has allowed us to:
- Create endowments for the recruitment and retention of neurologists specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Introduce and sponsor the LSVT LOUD and EVEN LOUDER program in our community. Provide the funding necessary to train and certify speech-language clinicians in this well regarded voice treatment technique.
- Develop and offer a certification program for professional caregivers. Help them better care for and understand the specific needs of those with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Help create the Movement Disorders Center at Frazier Rehab.
- Introduce and sponsor the LSVT BIG and EVEN BIGGER program in our community. Provide the funding necessary to train and certify physical and occupational therapist in this approach to movement exercise.
- Purchase office and meeting space to host our programs and activities.
The Parkinson Support Center of Kentuckiana is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation in Louisville, Kentucky, EIN # 61-1367576.